Work Experience Class
Qualifications for the Work Experience ClassYou must have a valid work permit in order to be in work experience (unless you are already 18).
How do I know if I'm qualified to have a work permit?
In order to qualify for a work permit, you must have good attendance (no more than 6 absences (excused or unexcused) from any 2 classes) and have good grades (no failing grades and at least a 2.0). For more detailed information about qualifications for a work permit, please see District AR 5113.2 (Work Permits).
- You must also have a job where you will work at least 100 hours per semester and receive a paycheck from which worker's compensation and taxes will be withheld. Jobs where you are being paid "under the table" or as an independent contractor are not positions qualified for work experience credit.
- Prior to being added to the class you must:
- Complete an application for a work permit (and be qualified to have one).
- Complete & return a signed green sheet.
- Complete & return a signed training agreement. Your parent/guardian, employer and you must all sign your training agreement.
- It is a real class, with assignments and periodic meetings. Ms. Grasty will be your instructor.