Textbook Office - Library Building
Amy Turner - Textbook Technician
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:30am-2:45pm
Students are responsible for the care and preservation of all instructional materials checked out to them. Textbooks checked out to you with your Los Gatos High School ID card are the property of the Los Gatos/Saratoga Union High School District and it is your privilege to use these books while you are a student at Los Gatos High School.
Students are required to return all textbooks at the conclusion of the class, at the direction or request of the administration, teacher or textbook staff, or if the student leaves Los Gatos High School.
- Textbooks are checked out with a current, valid Los Gatos High School ID card. Books are barcoded and linked to each student's account.
- Students are to protect textbooks from damage. Non-adhesive book covers can be used. If you notice a problem with the textbook when it is checked out to you, let the Textbook Office know within the first 2 weeks so you are not held responsible for the damage.
- Students are not to write, underline, or highlight in textbooks, including novels checked out for English classes (use sticky notes).
- All textbooks checked out to the student must be returned in good, usable condition, with the barcode still attached to the book, at the end of a class.
- If a textbook is lost or damaged, the student is required to pay all costs for the textbook that was checked out to them.
Schedules, report cards, transcripts and school privileges, such as Senior Ball/Prom bids may be withheld until all materials are returned or fines/fees have been paid.
Textbook Fines & Fees
$ 5 Missing Barcode
$ 5 Graffiti, Highlighting, Obscenities, Writing$10 Cover Damage, Loose Binding, Torn or Stained Pages
$10 Missing Disc or Destroyed
$25 Bounced Check
100% of Cost for Lost or Destroyed/Unusable Textbooks
Novels used in English class should be returned as soon as your class is finished with them.
Automatic overdue emails for novels listed under TEXTBOOKS are simply a reminder to turn in the books if you are finished with them. The "price" is what it costs to replace the novel if it is lost - NOT an overdue fine. It's OK to keep novels if you are still using them, but don't start a collection under your bed or in your car! You may be restricted from checking out more books until past ones are returned or paid for, if lost.
Textbook information is available on Destiny. Students can keep track of their books, due dates, barcode numbers, fines, and replacement costs.
Destiny login - Your username is your school student email address prefix (before the @). Your password is your student ID number. Click on the "My Info" tab at the top of the page to view your account.
COPIES OF OUR TEXTBOOKS ARE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE AT BOTH THE HIGH SCHOOL AND LOS GATOS PUBLIC LIBRARIES