What is Naviance used for?
All students have registered Naviance accounts throughout high school to do the following:
- Take interest surveys and personality assessments to determine skills, strengths and preferences.
- Explore careers and find out the education, training and skills required as well as salary and wage information.
- Search colleges and technical schools all over the US, and internationally, using multiple criteria (e.g., size, location, specialized content, sports).
- View de-identified admissions data from LGHS alumni.
- Submit and track college applications and submitting documents for college applications (e.g., transcript requests, teacher recommendation letters, counselor recommendation letters).
- Research scholarships via the Naviance database.
What are the benefits to using Naviance?
The benefits to all students are enormous, and school counselors are able to help students more easily with a one-stop place to have all students’ course, career and college planning information. Parents will have their own account (so no need to long onto your student’s account) and are encouraged to join Naviance Family Connection so you can also help guide your student toward success after high school.
Getting started on Naviance
There are two different links to access Naviance:
- For Students: please use https://
- For Staff: please use https://id.naviance.
Trouble with Naviance login?
- Click "Forgot your password?" on the login screen
- Enter your school email address
- Check your email for instructions to reset your password
- If you don't receive the email, check your spam folder
- Follow instructions in the email to reset your password